2017-2018 PTA Board Members
President: Angela McDonald
1st VP Membership: Andi Geary
2nd VP Fundraising: Hollie Cuellar
Secretary: Tracey Fontenot
Treasurer: William Burrus
Parliamentarian: Melissa Moran
Fundraising Chair/GG: Stephanie Wright
Arts in Education: Dana Barber
Programs: Lisa Brown
Hospitality: Martha Harari
Publicity – website: Candyce Bartlett
Publicity – social media: Merideth Zingelmann
Council Rep: Christie Szabo
Volunteer Coordinator: Erin Butler
Teacher Rep: Open
Principal: Tracy Wernli
Contact us via email: hectorgarciaPTA@gmail.com
The purpose of the Hector Garcia Middle School PTA is to:
- Promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- Raise standards of home life.
- Secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- Bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- Develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
- We are committed to working with parents, students and teachers to ensure our children get the best education possible. Our primary focus is to promote healthy lifestyles by offering fun, educational programs that promote physical activity, eating healthy, and supporting the community we live in.